Sunday 28 December 2014

Countless Stars!

I lay on a mat
In the clearing of woods,
And gazed at the sky
I dare say it was black!

Like dots of paint
By the press of a spray can,
Millions of stars spread
Covering the entire span!

Bright stars twinkled
And kept me spell bound.
The more I watched,
The more appeared from beyond!

I tried to count
And reached hundred and forty
Then gave up to the vastness
That smirked at my folly!

The ground was cold
And my body grew numb.
But my eyes refused to move
So to the pain, I didn't succumb!

Now I'm back
And my couch is cozy.
I look through my window
At the black sky, empty!



4 comments:

  1. So true... we can enjoy Nature only when ONE with Nature... confined to the comforts of city life, Nature gets banished to a distant corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!! Reminds me of the times i too used to lay down on the building terrace floor and look for shooting stars! Used to be so at peace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meteorite night na?
      That was really beautiful :)
      Thank u :)

      Delete